This cryptic event is known as “A Carved Path,” but you are more likely to encounter it as Grothmar Daily Codebreaker. This event is linked to a secret POI on the GW2 Grothmar Valley map, and to several achievements.
To complete this event, solve the code at the Ash Legion camp by pressing the right trees in the right order. This transports you to Recon Cove, a point of interest inside the Shattered Steppes.
Check the Symbols
To start, you need to learn the day’s order of symbols. Go to the Ash Legion camp and find Malice Swordshadow’s tent.
Behind her and to the right (her left) is a cabinet with four symbols carved on the top.
Note the symbols and their order. It changes every day. The official wiki recommends nicknames for them. The nicknames for the symbols shown above are Fire, Waves, Tail, Claw.
Find the Trees
For the next step, you need to find the trees carved with these symbols. Interact with the right tree in the right order to finish the puzzle.
- When you interact with the right tree, it makes a clicking sound.
- When you interact with the wrong tree, you catch on fire. You will have to start over from the beginning.
The official wiki has an excellent annotated map for the location of each tree and its symbol.
Related achievements include:
- Daily Grothmar Valley: Daily Grothmar Codebreaker
- Bound by Blood Mastery: A Carved Path
- Bound by Blood Mastery: An Eye for Detail
- Bound by Blood Mastery: Eyes for Ears